Readers Cup Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Readers Cup competition
- Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for this competition form part of the conditions of entry.
- By entering the competition, schools and team coordinators agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is being run by the CBCA Queensland branch.
- Eligible Team must:
- have 4 students in a team, and
- may have 1 reserve
- A fee of $35 is due upon submitting the on-line entry form for non- corporate members. (CBCA Qld is not registered for GST)
- Regardless of the circumstances, the organisers may choose at their absolute discretion whether to refund any entry fee.
- The winning team will be the team with the highest score.
- The regional competition runs Term 2 and the State Finals during Term 3. (See the website for dates).
- The winners will be announced on this web site.
- Teams must not be coached. Students must work together to decide who reads what titles and to make up their own questions to test each other. Sample questions and some guidance may be necessary if teams are not familiar with the style of questioning.
- The winning team is required to abide by the terms and conditions as presented.
- CBCA Queensland accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
- Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. CBCA Qld Branch's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. CBCA reserves the right at its discretion to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.